Re: hardtops for sale

To: KEVIN EDDINS <EDDINSK@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: hardtops for sale
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 21:34:40 -0400
At 07:40 AM 8/26/98 -0500, KEVIN EDDINS wrote:
>Someone had asked a while back about Parish Plastics, which made
>hardtops a while ago.  I have a friend with a '76 MG with such a top and
>it looks great.
>
>I found an advertisement it Hemmings for new hardtops.  They cover the
>TR spectrum (250, 3 - 8).  When I called, they said they bought out Parish
>and are using his design.
>
>They come with all the hardware, felt head liner, primed and ready to
>paint.
>
>They guy told me that they are having a sale for $599 for a '79 Spit.
>What do you guys think of this price?  I've been looking for a hardtop for
>quite some time now and this is the closest I've come.

Kevin,

I have the original owner's receipt for the Parrish Hardtop for my '79
Spit.   The price then (summer 1979) was $271!   Paint was extra.

So, allowing for inflation, I'd say today's $600 price is very reasonable.

Further, I credit the watertightness of the hardtop with saving my Spit's
floorpans.  Very little water got inside the car for the seven years the
car sat in the POs yard.   A real testimonial.

Gratefully,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
Succasunna, NJ USA