RE: dies on a hill - again!

To: "'Atwell Haines'" <carbuff@tempest.nac.net>,
Subject: RE: dies on a hill - again!
From: "Bowley, Glenn (GCICT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:40:12 -0400
Along these same lines, I had a friend of mine with similar problems.
The car would quit for no apparent reason, totally at random. After many
dollars spent on fuel pump replacement, plugs, coil, etc, he brought the
car to his local shop. They scratched their heads at first, but finally
found that the cause was intermittent lack of fuel at the carb. They
removed the fuel tank, and found inside the small foil top to a dry gas
bottle! The piece would move around and randomly cover the inlet to the
fuel line! I never forgot this story after hearing it.
Goes to show you how something that small can cause such a big, (and
hard to diagnose) problem!

Glenn Bowley
Mansfield, CT
'75 Spit (FM30644U)