Pictures of RUST (ouch) and rear brake lines

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pictures of RUST (ouch) and rear brake lines
From: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 20:32:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Everyone,
I've been working on my spitfire restoration project and have two rust
pictures I'd appreciate any suggestions on for repairing (and stopping
future rust). The rust on this car is very odd, I've now gone over the
entire frame with a fine tooth-comb-- the only rust (THE ONLY!) exists
in a 1-foot segment on the rear of the frame next to the tires. (This
same length and position of the rust exists on both sides of the
frame) -- must be some sort of weak spot? Anyway the rust is on the
sides (not the top or bottom metal) but is all the way through... The
integrity/shape of the frame has not been compromised and does not
appear to be any immediate danger.

Here are the pictures:

Driver side - http://www.apiinc.com/rick/spit_pic5.jpg
Passenger side - http://www.apiinc.com/rick/spit_pic4.jpg

I'm also throwing in some pictures of my rear brake lines which I've
bent away from the shocks. The lines are covered with protective coils
as well. Originally, one the brake lines on this car were rubbing the
shocks.

Driver side - http://www.apiinc.com/rick/spit_pic6.jpg
Passenger side - http://www.apiinc.com/rick/spit_pic3.jpg

Thanks,