Spitfire Commercial

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Commercial
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 05:00:11 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all,

Yesterday was 'Wings and Water Wednesday' on Speedvision, so I'm
reclining in my chair, trying not to go to sleep while watching this
cool show called 'Bush Pilot'.

Anyway, I get up to get a drink, and what should come on but a classic
replay of a Spitfire commercial!  I think it was a MKIV, yellow - may
have been an 1500, but I didn't see any 1500 decals on it.

Anyway, the guy drives it down this road along a beach, and pulls up
next to this girl in a bikini.

"Spitfire - stops when you want to!"

Then, the driver looks past her to see this musclebound boyfriend
approaching, gives an alarmed look to the camera, and takes off.

"Spitfire - goes when you want to, too!"

I thought it was classic.  Wish I'd been taping something!

Cheers - have a great LBC weekend!

Chip Mautz
Dacula, Ga, USA
'71 Spitfire MKIV - 'Ol Smokey (who should be the color of the spit on
the latest Victoria British Spitfire catalog!)
==
Life is short - Drive fast, brake hard!