Re: Baby, you can wax my car.

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Baby, you can wax my car.
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 16:11:21 PDT
I have yet to wax my spitfire but traditionally I've used Meguires and
3M products.  At my store I've always recommended Meguires #6
cleaner/wax for all purpose waxing.  It goes on easy (liquid) and really
does a good job by hand.

I've also used Meguires showcar glaze when I really want a shine.  This
isn't really a protectant though, just a glaze.  I also like both 3M's
and Meguires quick spray-on waxes.  Basically you just shoot it on and
wipe it off.  This is also not a real good protectant, but if your at a
show and want that instant shine and
slide-your-butt-across-the-fender-slickness, these are excellent.

To bring out the shine of an old paint job you'll probably have to
"polish" it before you wax.  This basically roughs up the surface,
exfolating it if you will.  REALLY bad paint may need a fine cut cleaner
or if you know what you're doing wet sanding with some really fine
stuff.

No matter what you use always use a clean applicator pad and have a
clean terry cloth towel or a new bundle of polishing cloths (what I
use).

Ryan