RE: rude and crude

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>
Subject: RE: rude and crude
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <gsmith@cvn.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 00:33:09 -0500
>>>Please, come down from the clouds.  Although we all like to kid
ourselves about how powerful, fast, ..... our cars are, there is just no
way on Earth (at least the one on which I live) that yours or any other
Spitfire engined car will be able to keep up with a specially prepared
Rotary powered car prepared the way that Tim's has been.

I beg to differ. The question is... how long can one keep up? Laura G.'s
mechanic seems to have some special gifts at ekeing out "full size" horses
from her engine. And somehow getting them past the California emissions
inspection.
I would think that nitrous, for instance could be setup in a pretty
inconspicuous manner... But then a nitrous car would be passed by Tim's
Ro-Spit once the bottle has run dry, or the engine has relocated across
about a quarter mile :)

Gregory W. Smith      http://www.cvn.net/~gsmith
Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
1980 Spitfire 1500 "for the wife" :)
1980 TR7 Spider v8 (in progress)
1980 TR7 30th Anniversary Edition (deceased)

Please, come down from the clouds.  Although we all like to kid
ourselves about how powerful, fast, ..... our cars are, there is just no
way on Earth (at least the one on which I live) that yours or any other
Spitfire engined car will be able to keep up with a specially prepared
Rotary powered car prepared the way that Tim's has been.

Well, on second thought there is one way.  That is if Tim's Ro-Spit
breaks down.  Otherwise he's gonna "blow your doors off".  But that's
ok, I still have a passenger side door left over from a 1500 that I
parted out last year.  8^)

Joe

P.S. If by some chance you do defeat the Ro-Spit, I'll personally make
you a custom windshield banner that says "Wankel Spanker".

Laura G. wrote:

> "Blown off the road"?
>
> I don't think so! <BWG>!

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer