Re: Spitfire bonanza

To: "Spitfirelist" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire bonanza
From: "Mark Campbell" <spitfire@shelby.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:39:47 -0500
I just got off the phone with James (the owner), the bad news is he isn't
looking to part these cars out immediately (he has an ad in Hemmings Motor
News(?) coming out soon for the same cars).  He is planning a move to
Raleigh, NC soon and was hoping to find a buyer for the complete set.  If he
doesn't find a buyer for everything, he says he'll have to part it out, not
a lot of time before the move to do that though.

I got a partial list of what he has...
    67 Mk II
    68 Mk III (1296 bored 30 over, running-cranked every now and then)
    69 Mk III (bored 20 over, running-cranked every now and then)
    70 Mk III (in poor condition according to him)
    72 Mk IV (good top, I think he said he drives this one every now and
then)
    74 Mk IV (also good top?)
    76 1500
    78 1500 (J-Type Overdrive!!!)
    75 parts car
    78 parts car
    LOTS of other parts (generators, alternators, diffs, etc.)
    one of the older cars has a D-type overdrive
    a couple of MGs, I got no specs on those

He sounds like he knows each car inside and out.  He's also a helluva nice
guy, we had a long conversation about cars, Raleigh, trains, and other
stuff.

I left my number and he said he'll let me know if he wants to part anything
out.

Mark Campbell
spitfire@shelby.net
1970 Triumph Spitfire

BTW, he lives in Landis, NC north of Charlotte.  Add about a half an hour to
any trips from Georgia. :)