Re: rear axle bearing housing

To: "Bowen, Patrick A. RP2" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: rear axle bearing housing
From: JDean <jdean@designdimension.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 17:40:52 -0500
Now, I could be wrong, but my Diff has the same hole, but there is a Cotter pin
type thing stuck in it and flared from inside. It floats around just enough to
keep dirt out, but allow for air to escape from the housing as it heats up. I
saw the guys on TNN explain it once for a ford or something.

Jim Dean

Putting the Diff back in my 68/69 GT6 any day now