Re: First and last post.... (and fuel pump blankoffs - part II)

To: Bill Miller <millerb@netusa1.net>
Subject: Re: First and last post.... (and fuel pump blankoffs - part II)
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 20:43:54 -0800
Bill,
The fuel pump flange is the same for all Spit engines (at least I think
they do), so yours should fit any of them.  I made mine with a hole in
the middle and a pipe welded on for increased crankcase breathing.  I
attached a hose to it and together with the hose from the valve cover
fed it into a catch bottle.

Regards,
Joe

Bill Miller wrote:

> Mr. Ob's recent post (and the flood of replies) reminds me that this list is
> more than just a list, but a "community".
> I guess that's why I already have one of Joe's "Spitfire List" decals on my
> yet unfinished spit.  I for one truly appreciate all the stories, short
> little "off-topic" replies, etc.  If I just wanted Tech talk, I read my shop
> manuals.  It's the rest of the stuff that let's me feel a part of this group
> of friends.  Kinda makes us more "human", huh?  Heck, I probably know more
> about Laura (and Nigel) than most of my co-workers!  Without this list, my
> wife would not have gotten me the trim pieces I needed for my spit (thanks
> again Glenn) and I would still be wondering what the ESS at the end of my
> engine serial number meant.  My suggestion, though, as this sort of posted
> "junk mail" will most likely happen again, is to simply reply once to the
> person, and ignore the rest.
>
> Enough of that, now for the important stuff.  Several weeks ago I made some
> little blank off plates to seal off where the mechanical fuel pump mounted
> to the block (to use an electric pump).  You know, everyone sent me the
> postage back!  See I told you this was a great group.  Anyway, someone, off
> list, asked me if I had any left.  I don't, but I am willing to make a few
> more for you guys (and gals) that may want them.  Since this isn't supposed
> to be a money making project (I just like seeing Spitfires on the road!)  I
> just want to get the cost of the postage and envelopes back.  It was less
> than $2.00.  I made this for my 1500.  I am not sure if they will work on
> the 1296 or not.  Email me back at millerb@netusa1.net let me know if you
> would like one.  I will probably make these this weekend.
>
> Bill Miller
> 78 Spit (getting closer!)

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer