Re: comp. lines two more items

To: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: comp. lines two more items
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 10:04:57 EST
Fred,

A couple of items to consider:

the brand on the piping I used. It was stamped "Duraglas ABS airline." I don't
know what significance there is to using ABS versus PVC, but as long as the
line you are getting is rated for use with air, there should be no problem.

2) When you route the lines, be sure to leave room for expansion. When you use
the lines for a long period of time, they will get quite hot, and expand. If
you don't leave room for expansion along the length of the lines, they will
buckle between supports. Constant buckling and flexing can weaken the lines.
In my shop, I didn't think of this, and ran the lines around the corners very
neatly. As a result, the line was a tight fit from corner to corner along the
back wall - looked real good, but there was no room for the line to grow. I
had to go back and put in an expansion loop.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74