Re: Exhaust Manifold-Painting

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Exhaust Manifold-Painting
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 12:42:43 -0500
At 06:02 AM 1/9/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Is it possible to paint my exhaust manifold or will it just burn off?

Rick,

   Yes and Yes.

It also depends on the color you want.  I've painted the manifolds on my
'65 Morgan with "Stove black" for BBQ grills. It is a flat black finish.
EastWood sells some nice silver - I believe there is stainless steel in
it or something.  I've painted the Exhaust manifolds on my '75 Bricklin
with that.

There is also a coating you can have put on - I believe it's called Flash
or Jet something.  We've done that to the 48 TR1800 about 8 yrs ago.  The
car is a show car and doesn't get driven very much.  This stuff looks like
polished AL.

Other than that, look for a Very High Temp paint or a paint for exhaust
manifolds.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi