Re: THE BRICKS

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Subject: Re: THE BRICKS
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:11:16 -0000
> Or - as an alternative
>
> Anyone heading over to jolly old England that could bring back a
> suitcase full of bricks?  Can you imagine the look on the customs
> inspector who gets that travellor?  8^)
>
> Of course, that would be if John is willing to set up a "storage"
area
> for the bricks.

I'm willing to do that providing someone is equally willing to come
and fetch them and during this summer. I'll do something else as
well. How does anyone know their brick is genuine? Well, one day IF
St. Peter let's me through the Pearly Gates, I'd hate to meet some
erstwhile Triumph owners who'd later found out I'd just gone round
the corner and picked up the first brick I could find and passed it
off as a genuine Triumph one. Whoever wants one (though how anyone
can justify $70 for an airmailed brick is beyond me) will get a
little signed piece of paper attesting to the fact they came off the
Standard Triumph site. BTW, this little exercise is going to cost me
in terms of time, effort, gasoline, packing and cleaning out the boot
of my car - so no personal checks please. Cash in dollars or
international money orders in sterling. Write me off list and I'll
tell you how much in either currency.

John