insurance

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: insurance
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:48:46 -0800
Listers with all the horrors we all have had to experience at one time
or another with ins. com., let me offer a few facts to avoid this in the
future.
 # 1 = when you purchase any car, classic or not, keep a account book of
all expenses, all modifications, and most of all all restorations that
you have completed. This book should be no different than your plan for
restoring it step by step with pictures, notes and a guide of what was
and what is to be. Even maintenance should be included to show how you
took care of the car.
 # 2 if a claim against a insurance co. (yours or his) should be in your
future, get every car publication you can get, with for sale listed,
local paper, Hemmings, and papers from your local clubs as well as
papers from surrounding states.. Papers from out of state are very
important in proving your point because chances are you shopped for a
long time and traveled a long way in purchasing this car (ask Brad K.).
You must have proof, the adjuster/agent or in some cases the judge only
deal in proof, it only takes 2 minutes to write a date and expense in a
book, and you will show who ever you are dealing with you know what the
H@#$ is going on, and you are a prepared professional on this car.
# 3 remember the agents job is to put money in the till and the
adjusters job to keep it there, thats how each one is trained. I do not
beleive these people are dishonest as much as the policy holder is not
prepared for this surprise encounter.  Just my .02  "FT"