soft brakes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: soft brakes
From: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:02:29 -0600
I have bled and bled and bled the brakes just like the manual says.  It
sometimes feels like the more I bleed, the worse the pedal feels.  I have
replaced the original brake lines with stainless and the pedal is now
hitting the floor unless I pump it alot and fast.  Sometimes the pressure
holds for a while, sometimes it doesn't.

Is there anything I can do to fix this stupid problem?  I plan on rebuilding
the rear cylinders, but I don't think that will change anything.

Thanks,

Kevin