Re: Spitfire Diff. Noise Question

To: "Bowen, Patrick A. RP2" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>, <PVanDuyne@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire Diff. Noise Question
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 13:36:43 -0000
I got the TSSC spring compressor at 1/3rd the price by shopping around.  I
found the place that made the compressor, I am not sure where the hub puller
is made.  It seems to me though you are much better off getting a generic
hub puller, seeing the price of the TSSC item I would imagine its cheaper
and works better.  You have to be a member  of the TSSC, and having been a
member for a year I did NOT renew my membership.  If you ask me they take
you money and you do have to put a lot of effort in going to meetings etc to
get it back (or join there very good insurance scheme).  Because you are a
member of this list I would say it's not worth you joining.  On the other
hand it is worth joining for a year to get contacts and to find out whats
happening.

This is my personal opinion, make up you own mind.

The hub puller is something that tightens onto the wheel studs and  then
allows you to pull the hub off by tightening a bolt that pushes the hub
puller with hub attached away from the axle.  Having seen the damage done by
a miss used hammer I would not recommend doing the job without one.