Re: BTU rating of electric garge heaters?!?!

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BTU rating of electric garge heaters?!?!
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 19:20:34 EST
I actually have a 100,000 BTU heater in my garage. My dad is a general
contracter, and his workers use it on their job sites sometimes. It gets our 3
car garage really really hot. Like a sauna. Considering we have the same size
heater to heat our entire house, it gets warm pretty quick as well. The only
problem is that it uses propane from a huge tank. Somewhere in the system,
there is a leak, and the garage gets very odiferous in a few minutes. On cold
days it reaches the point where our nostrils and throats sting. We are forced
to open the garage, defeating the entire purpose. It also gives everyone else
in our house a headache, and one time i woke up on the laundry room floor out
of nowhere. I would suggest another source of fuel.

Kris Powell
1974 Spit 1500