Re: More on Amphicar

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: More on Amphicar
From: "R. A. \"Conn\" Woodward" <conn@wctc.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 14:21:47 -0600

Joe Curry wrote:

> What I learned (that I missed the first time) is that
> the cars were built between 1961 and 1968 by a West
> German firm using a 72 ci (1147cc) Triumph engine.
> According to the article, there were only around 800
> produced and most of them came to North America.

Oddly enough with so few being produced, in the '70s both my wife (in
Wisconsin) and I (in Northern New York) had neighbors who owned Amphis.

Anyone know how much these things sold for in their day? It seems more
like a novelty for the idle rich than any kind of practical
transportation, so I'm assuming it would have been priced accordingly.

--
"History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man."

conn@wctc.net
-R. A. Woodward
AKA "Conn"
AKA "Randwulf"