Weber Carb Rebuild

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber Carb Rebuild
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:35:32
I have a Weber DGAV Carb, I have noticed in the past the typical carmel
covered browning caused by leaking gas, yesterday I noticed a considerable
amount more on the back inner side, which was very new.  The car was up on
jacks for almost two weeks and I don't know if this contributes.  Does it
sound like I need to rebuild this.  If so how hard is it to rebuild a Weber
DGAV Carb.  What does it require?  Is this beyond my capabilities (I
consider myself fairly capable).

I also have troubles getting it idle correctly when cold, Any ideas?

Thanks very much in advance!

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL