RE: DMV (was Idiot Parts Guys)

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <KHOCO@aol.com>
Subject: RE: DMV (was Idiot Parts Guys)
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 10:58:04 -0500
Speaking of the wonderful DMV - when I went to transfer the title on my
spitfire, they REFUSED to put spitfire as the model name. (Even though the
PO's title that I was transferring said Spitfire).  So I own a Triumph.
Just a Triumph.  No longer a Triumph Spitfire, just a plain old Triumph.
This is because the COMPUTER tells them what the model is based on the VIN.
And, of course, the computer didn't know and said there was not enough
digits for a model name.  Hey wait, maybe I can sell it as an Italia or
something.  The title doesn't specify WHICH Triumph I own!

Bill
78 Triumph Something