Re: vacuum amplifier?

To: Kevin Besig <kbesig@borg.com>,
Subject: Re: vacuum amplifier?
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:58:50 -0500
Aren't these fuel traps actually designed to prevent those flammable
carb/intake tract vapors from getting near the distributor and its sparks?
 :-0

You could bypass it for test purposes if you thought it was causing a
vacuum leak, but long-term I would keep it in there.

And FWIW, I saw a big difference in carb vacuum after I replaced all the
rubber 'elbows' on the hard plastic vacuum lines. They get loose after a
couple decades of use.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire