Head Job (???)

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head Job (???)
From: Bob Norway <examiner@scci.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 15:58:24 -0500
Well, finally got 'Bond' put back together, that is all but for the
bonnet. As I said earlier, received the last parts (gaskets) Thursday,
so Sat AM started the rebuild. Everything went quite smoothly, if I
might say so myself... :0)  After starting Bond up, with a big cloud of
smoke of course from the freely used lubricants whilst putting him
together, he finally settled down and purred like a kitten. So far the
only glitch I've encountered is a slight leak from the freeze plug on
the bottom side of the intake manifold. Hadn't even noticed it before,
but once Bond started running there was a periodic drip onto the exhaust
manifold with resultant puffs of white smoke. At first couldn't figure
out what the leak could be, other than maybe a crack in the intake
manifold water jacket. But then I took a look at another manifold I had
laying around, and spotted the freeze plug. Seems to have gotten better
after running for a while, so I'm hoping that the heat expanded it and
reseated it in the jacket. If not, thankfully I've got that other
manifold. But it sure is a pain changing those with the head on the
car....    Will let you know what happens when I get him back on the
road..

Cheers

--
Bob Norway
Rockledge, Florida
Home Page http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/5953/mypage.html
ICQ# 3752712
***************************
TLCB - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia Brotherhood
http://www.seacoast.com/~jsweet/brotherh/index.html
Udorn RTAFB Nov'70 - Nov'71
432 AMS/Autopilot
Member Udorn VFW Post 10249