Clutch cylinder -Reply

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, CraigS@iewc.com
Subject: Clutch cylinder -Reply
From: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 11:28:17 -0600
I think I had the same problem recently with the brake MC.  My problem
was the MC was leaking internally.  If the fluid rises when you depress
it, then that is your problem.

Note that this is right after I rebuilt the thing.  I bled two quarts of fluid
before it finally seated.

Kevin

>>> Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com> 03/03/99 10:30am >>>
I'm still on the clutch master cylinder problem........
I finally got some pedal but not enough to engage the pressure plate.
A little history:
New clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, master cylinder kit, new
slave kit.

I have bled the system so much that I think I'll name it Dracula !
I have used a suction device to bleed it, I sucks the piston in the
master to the fully depressed position an I don't get any fluid.
I bleed it the old way and get some fluid but then the cylinder doesn't
pump back up any pressure.  Someone on the list gave me an idea of
using
pressure through the reservoir. I took the compressor and turn the
pressure down to 20 psi and put the top on real tight and used the hole
to put pressure in the cylinder.  This forced fluid down into the
system.  I can get a pedal then but it will leak down overnight.  The
cylinder does not leak anywhere (externally), I have tried reversing the
little washer at the very end of the piston but it doesn't seem to work.

I don't think the piston is pushing itself out far enough for the fluid
to replenish itself

What do I do now ?

Craig Smith
Phone 800/692-2323