Re: GT6 dash finish question

To: "Theis, Karl J" <karl.j.theis@lmco.com>
Subject: Re: GT6 dash finish question
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 06:28:46 -0800
>       What should the finish be on the wood dash on a late 1968 GT6 MKI?
>Should it be high gloss like that on my '67 GT6 or should it be a matte
>finish like that found on a MKII?
Correct "factory" finish would be glossy if it's a MK1.  What was the old
finish like?  Or was it so bad that you can't tell?  The fact that it has
chrome bezels would indicate glossy as the matt finish was an attempt to
eliminate glare as was the inclusion of matt black bezels, probably because
of some lame requirement on the part of the US.  If it's truly a late 68 it
should be a MKII (commission no starting with KD50001 or later)  I have a
'70 MK II, should be matt, but I prefer glossy so that's what I finished
mine in.  I also have the "winged" knockoff's, so don't stand to close to
the curb when I go wizzing by. . . so go ahead, arrest me ;-)

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)