Spit Doors

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit Doors
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 18:38:10 -0800

        Door question time!

        As my money situation is currently minimal for restoration expenses,
I've
dug out one of the sets of doors from the shop and decided to see what I
could do with them.  I took the worst one (left side) with a creased dent
along the upper third.  An hour of stripping paint with a rotary tool (I
KNEW I should have gotten the chemical stripper earlier...) after I had
gutted the inner works and I had the dent area down to metal.  Some more
work with hammer and dolly and I was quite pleased to have gotten 90% of
the dent out with no crease left.  Yay!

        But the real question comes here:  The door still flexes if any
excessive
pressure is put on it.  It will pop inward, but you can tap it along the
bottom or edge of the depression and it will pop right out again, no
problem.  I haven't tried the other doors, but I suspect that this is just
a general occurence with Spit doors.  Am I correct?  My concern is that
once painted, any flexing here might cause paint problems.

        I really am quite pleased with having the creased dent fixed. :)  That
gives me an extra set of doors. :)

-Dan Canaan
-66/69 Spit
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |       ConiFur NorthWest '99- Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |  Flinters@picarefy.com * www.picarefy.com/~flinthoof   |