boy am i dumb

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: boy am i dumb
From: SpitfireKP@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:25:53 EST
Is there any way to recoat or easily replace the dashboard in a Spit? This
morning, my Spit refused to start for 10 minutes. Normally I would abandon
hope after around 5 minutes or so, but this time, the car decided to taunt me
and cough every time I turned the key, but not catch. In a fit of stupid rage,
I punched the dashboard. Stupid move. I neglected to take into account the
fact that the dash had spent the night in below freezing temperatures, and was
anything but pliable at the time. A portion about the size of my hand cracked
into little pieces and some of it broke off. As if the garbage bag lined door
were not enough, the interior of my car really looks like crap now with a
cracked dash. I would like to make it look better without resulting to using
duct tape and spraypaint or some other home-baked remedy.

Kris Powell