Re: RAF Spitfire Bonnet Badge

To: "Patrick Barber" <sailnbail@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: RAF Spitfire Bonnet Badge
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:36:03 -0500

> What is the story behind the "RAF Spitfire" Badge on the 1970 Spits?  I
> have seen them on some of the 1970 spits but I do not have them on
> mine.  Does anybody know what the range of commission numbers which had
> the that special badge.
>
> Also, does anybody know where I can find these badges?
>

> --

I have one on my 1970 Spit Mk III...manufactured in January of 1970. I was
able to get a replacement a year or two ago from TRF. If there is no trace
of the mounting holes in the bonnet, and if there is any other type of
emblem (letters, open book, etc.) maybe someone replaced the bonnet at some
point in time. If you ever get one and need measurements for placement, let
me know.
Cheers
Keith Stewart