Re: Turn Signal Switch

To: TRIA73@aol.com, Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Turn Signal Switch
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:23:42 -0500
At 06:26 PM 3/15/99 EST, you wrote:

>I'm not getting any flashing action with my turn signal switch.  I just
>installed a new switch and it worked fine until I mounted it onto the
steering
>column.  All that I get is a continuous light (left or right) with an
>occasional flash.  Hazard lights work fine.  Any suggestions?

Don't remember seeing any replys.  However, you may have gotten a bunch
privately.

1. Check remove the switch from the column again and see if it works any
   better.

2. A slow flash means there is too much resistance and not enough current
   to cause the bimetalic strip to open and close.  Therefore, check
   all bulb sockets.  Clean them with a battery post wire brush.  Check
   all the grounds.  Clean them with sandpaper.

3. I don't understand why putting the switch on the column would cause a
   problem, unless you have a broken feed wire.  Check the connections
   for the switch, and check the connections at the wiring harness end.
   It is possible that many of the strands of wire in the wire are broken
   and when the switch is mounted to column the wire is pulled enough to
   cause these broken strands to open up.

Hope this helps

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V