RE: Re: Miata ie Laura G & -Greg

To: SPITFIRES <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Miata ie Laura G & -Greg
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 13:54:40 -0500
(Don't even get me started on those wussy air screens Mercedes have in the
back!)

I agree, I went to a dealers open house for the showing of Jaguars XK8
sports (?) car and while the shape was kinda sexy it did have a Miata type
look to it and the convertible had a wind screen on it. I walked around
telling people that it had a very important job and that's why it was
there. Its job was to stop mosquitoes from coming up from behind you and
hitting you in the back of the head. But besides the screen look at the
other amenities in the cars. They are aimed at very rich blokes who want to
show off how much money they have buying an expensive sports (?) car with
all the amenities of the luxury sedans.

The real reason for that screen is to keep the wind from coming around and
blowing the wigs off the occupants

>inside their head and willing to publicly admit it?  (Boy, am I flapping
in the wind or what?)
>-Greg.

yes

the arthur (running for nomex suit)