Re: More detail on my carb drying out problem

To: Joe <jw@mitre.org>, spitfire list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More detail on my carb drying out problem
From: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 19:16:45 -0600
Joe,

The earlier  Stromberg carbs the brass plug in the bottom (latter ones were
cast to look like the plug was there but they are one piece castings).

There is an 0-ring on the plug that dries up and lets gas leak out.  The
plug can just be popped out and a new O-ring installed.  It should take care
of the problem.  I think you can pop it out without removing the carb.

Roger Elliott