Allison to Crane conversion

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Allison to Crane conversion
From: trunnell@mindspring.com (Glenn Trunnell)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:19:04 -0500
Hi all,

I finally got my new Crane ignition installed tonight after fighting with
UPS over it's location for half a day.  I have to say it is a big
improvement over the Allison unit.  The module is constructed much more
heavily and has better heat dissipation than the old Allison unit.  In
addition my car will now rev all the way to the red line versus about 5300
before.  As a bonus I now have a spare photo diode in case the old one ever
fails.  I'll be giving it the autocross torture test over the next few
weeks , so we'll see how it holds up.

Glenn Trunnell
'79 Spitfire