On the Road Again

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: On the Road Again
From: PVanDuyne@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 05:41:33 EDT
Listers,

        Yesterday was a beautiful day in Mass. 65F and clear blue skies.  My
Spit has returned from the accident 9/4/98.  It looks great.  Still need
parts, though a never ending need it was great to drive the car.
        I was hoping that someone would remember about a car somewhere in
Texas that was being scrapped by May 5th.  I remember seeing a listing for
the steering rack assembly, that I'm now interested in but I seem to have
deleted the listing.  The grease fitting appears to have been stripped by the
previous owner or I have gain superpowers and can strip the threads with my
own hand.
        In any event I need a replacement rack or a good repair idea.

Pete
1980 Spit still Russet Brown.