Re: Car names minimal LBC content

To: Huw Upshall <hupshall@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: Car names minimal LBC content
From: John Suchak <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 01:01:57 -0400
Okay, confession time:

I'm typically not one to think of cars anthropomorphically, they are after all
(for me) a means to an end.  (Specifically the experience of driving..) A tool
essentially, a machine that facilitates motion.

However, I must admit to naming one of my automobiles, specifically a '65
International Harvester Scout that we dubbed "Earnest".  Not like "Ernie", you
know, the adjective.  It's the only machine I've ever named, although one could
argue that it's not really a "name" per se (like "Tom" or "Bixby").  It's more
of
an acknowledgement of it's pure, essential nature, the earnest way in which it
goes about it's tasks, perfectly in it's element.
(http://www.jacksonville.net/~suchak/scout.htm if you'd like to have a peek at
it..)

I don't believe that machines have souls, but are certainly capable of grace.

JS