Gearbox Noises - Exams almost over

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gearbox Noises - Exams almost over
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 00:51:50 +0100
Hi Miss me?

No didn't thinks so!

Anyway someone complained about all the messages to say people were leaving
so I let them guess.  Exams forced me to do some studying.  2nd from last
tomorow 3d graphics, then 1 week and Real Time Systems.

Anyway I was stuck in trafic yesterday, so I descided to turn arround.
Used full lock and went round in the middle of the road.  Unfortunatly I was
SLIGHTLY enthusiastic with the old revs and managed to do a half doughnut.
Making a rather large screaching sound from the tyers.  Next was on the way
home 6 miles later and I got nasty gear grating noises from the gearbox
area.

Symptoms

No noise on acceleration no matter how hard.  But the more violent the engin
braking the louder the noise.  1st is the worst 4 quitest.   Unsure of the
pitch.   Put clutch in nothing.

Help!

I think I have broken it!

James Carpenter