Re: spitfires-digest V1 #140

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, DDashwood@softwright.co.uk
Subject: Re: spitfires-digest V1 #140
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:46:25 -0500
At 06:48 AM 5/27/99 -0600, you wrote:

Keep in mind that to remove the tranny (without removing the engine),
you have to remove the (cardboard) transmission cover, the center console
pillar,
the radio, etc.  It can be tricky to do this without dirtying or damaging
some of these items.  A transmission shop may not have to experience or
inclination to avoid these sort of problems.  You could remove all this stuff
and then transport the car to the shop.  When they finish, you can drive it home
while seeing your repaired tranny in operation!  You may also find out that
the transmission cover disintegrates while being removed, and it is time to buy
and install a plastic replacement...

Doug
72 Spit Mk IV