RE: other suppliers

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: other suppliers
From: Flinthoof Ponypal <Flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 09:11:25 -0700
At 07:10 PM 5/30/99 -0700, Peter S. wrote:
>Maybe the Lumina has the new style direct ignition setup.  If so you won't
>be able to see the spark plugs since they'll be covered by a coil.  Each
>plug has its own coil and there is NO distributor in the normal sense.
>Peter S

        BINGO!  It is indeed the Distributorless ignition system.  However in
the
early models such as mine, there are two coils that each handle three of
the six cylinders, but they are buried behind the engine against the
firewall requiring a lot of work to get to.  It's good that I don't have
to. :)

        In 1973, Popular Mechanics voted the Chevrolet Vega as the Mechanic's
Choice for ease of maintenance and engine access.  Little did they know
that due to a design flaw, mechanics would have plenty of opportunities to
check out this theory.  :/

        Gotta get some funds together so I can make sure my Spit doesn't start
attract the attention of Popular Mechanics!

-Vegaman Dan
-66/69 Spitui!
 |             |   Equinart Studios * Furry Artist * Model Railroader   |
 |     *U*     |   MINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINTMINT!!   |
 |             |       ConiFur NorthWest '99- Furries in Seattle!       |
 | CONIFUR NW  |  Flinters@picarefy.com * www.picarefy.com/~flinthoof   |