Re: Thrust washers

To: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thrust washers
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 08:26:00 -0400
congratulations! you just won the  "i need a new block and or crankshaft"
contest.  depending on the condition of the crank thrust surface, you will
probaly need a crankshaft and a block. the crank and block can both be
repaired, but the cost of the repair normally exceeds the price of another
engine or short block.  the engine has to be stripped completely and put in
a "hot tank" to boil away all the metal particles floating around in the oil
galleries.  a used rear main cap  can be fitted and then the block has to be
line bored so the new cap is correct in relation to the other main caps. the
thrust surface of the crank has to be built up and remachined.  if all this
has to be done, a different engine is in order. when we assemble this
engine, we pin the thrust wasthers so they cannot be dislodged. please let
me knwo if we can help. we should have all the parts you need for the
repair/replace. thanks, ted