Re: Power Brakes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Power Brakes
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:06:02 -0700 (PDT)
if you can supply a vacuum to power the booster, this would also require a
change to the brake plumbing as the pressure is now 1500 instead of 750 (or
whatever it is normally)...should be doable, thought about it myself, but
haven't found a good vacuum unit in the yard yet to try.

--- nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com> wrote:

> first, brake servos are those big round booster things that you
> see in every car but our spits, and they were an option on the
> GT6 (option or standard?).  victoria british sells an after
> market servo kit for single line braking systems.  it is a
> remote mount, and looks pretty simple to install.  however, it
> is alomost $300.  if you could find a good used one for less, it
> might be worth it to try.  all they do is reduce the amount of
> pedal pressure is required to apply a certain amount of brakeing
> force.
>

> --- Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com wrote:
> >
> > Spitters:
> >
> > Has anyone ever tried to apply power brakes to a Spitfire?
> >
> > Could this be a really simple thing to add to a spitfire if
> > you could fit one of
> > those big round booster things found in every car but
> > Spitfires?  Are those
> > simply mechanical in operation?
> >
> > Stupid question coming...what are brake servos?
> >

> > -Thanks,
> >
> > John
> > 77' Spit
> >

> ===
> nikolai jaremka
> 72 spitfire mkIV
> east aurora, new york

===
larry (I hope someday to Drive my triumph) hooven 1979 spitfire fm99248u,
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311/index.html
"Second place is just the first loser"   -John Force
"A postitive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort" - herm albright