Re: Hypothetical Question

To: <geo@ohio.net>, <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Hypothetical Question
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:47:03 -0700
Actually No.  About 12 years ago my pride and joy at the time was stolen
from me by 3 thugs with sawed off shotguns.  Not fun to say the least.
Traumatizing is a better word.  The car was found 4 days later stripped of
many parts and left at the side of the road in another city.  I went to look
at it in the police impound yard and it was scratched or dented in every
body panel and 3 of the 4 wheels were missing amongst much other damage.  I
could have got it from my insurance for little money but I didn't want to be
in that car ever again.  Having 3 guns pointed point blank at your forehead
can really screw you up.  If I got it back I'd be reliving it every time I
drove it.  So I took off my Hella H4's and exchanged with standard units and
walked away.  Never missed it.  The insurance company paid up with a few
hundred more than what I paid for it so that was ideal to say the least.  A
month later I bought a BMW 530i and never regretted it.  So the bottom line
here is if your car was stolen, depending on the circurmstances you may not
want it back.
Peter S
http://members.tripod.com/~petersiposs/cars-2.html