Re: Temptation

To: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@comsavings.com>
Subject: Re: Temptation
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 00:08:15 +0100

>"Temptation, thy name is Triumph"
>O boy do I resemble that remark! (UK listers please note, North American
>joke, intentional use of resemble)

Nick, it's not just Triumph. In my case, its 3 Triumphs, 1 '59 BugEye, 1 '65
Midget, a Standard Flying 20 (1936) and then for some light relief 2
motorcycles (a 1926 AJS 500cc and a 1934 Francis Barnett 350cc Cruiser)

On top of that, a few nights ago, I had what some might term a nightmare.
Everyone started calling me up asking me if I'd like to give a loving home
to a host of Triumph 2000's and PI's (saloons and estates) - all for free.
There were about 40 in total, stretching down the hill through the village
and out into the fields. Then I went to work - and found a whole lot more
there too - all with my name on them. At that point, I think I woke up in a
cold sweat, stumbled from bed and promptly put my foot into the shop manual
I'd been reading before I went to sleep. I've asked the Doc for a
prescription and all I got for my trouble was a set of ring spanners!

Jonmac