Re: dash motor 2 speed but 2 fans / Wood refinishing?

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: dash motor 2 speed but 2 fans / Wood refinishing?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 21:59:07 -0700
Peter,
Actually, I prefer the term "Pilots"  and collectively as the Spitfire
Squadron.

But on your wiring question, the heater only has one motor that is
controlled by a 2 position switch and a resistor that draws extra
current and slows the motor down.

You can either strip the old finish off and refinish it (If you can
without destroying the veneer), or you can apply a new veneer of your
choice to obtain your own personal preference.

Regards,
Joe

"Peter S." wrote:

> Spitphiles ( I like this name best so far),
> I have a 76 1500 Spit and don't understand the heater motor controls.  I'm
> sorting some dash wiring issues and am puzzled by the fan/heater wiring.
> Firstly, there are two motors?  Why?  Do they both operate at the same time?
> Does one come on for low speed then also the other for hi speed?  Are they
> only controlled by pulling out the left control lever which is also air
> direction control.
> Removing the center wood panel to get into the wiring was easy and has me
> thinking about refinishing the wood on all three panels.  Can the other
> panels be removed easily?  Just unscrew from the front?  The wood clear coat
> is peeling rapidly and looks like it'd be easy to strip and refinish.
> Anybody done this?
> Peter s

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer