Re: Mk IV Engine

To: spitlist@gte.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mk IV Engine
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougbert@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 21:02:24 -0500
What would the effect of these various modes be on emissions testing?
Here in NJ, they test just HC and CO at idle (although this might
change in the near future).  I suspect that increased compression
would cause more NO emission, but they don't test for that.  But
a more agressive cam would probably cause more HC, becuse of the greater
valve timing overlap.  Does this sound right?

Thanks again,

Doug