hndbrake bolt removal 101

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: hndbrake bolt removal 101
From: "Tom Ambrose" <tambrose@tir.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 17:35:40 -0400
I have only about four things to finish before my spit is ready for the
road. Two of them concern brakes. The rear brakes were disconnected when I
bought the car, and it seems that they have not been used in a very long
time and totally rusted( front brakes only and no handbrake).

My question is this: How can I remove the bolt that holds the handbrake
relay lever to the car? I've tied without any success: a very long breaker,
beating on it, and soaking in penetrating oil. I have not used heat (there's
something about being under the car with gas not too far away).

I have ordering a new bolt and tab washer, so if the bolt is destroyed, so
much the better.

Anybody want to help with my bolt removal education?

Tom
Michigan