Back from the paint shop - finally

To: "Spit-LIST" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back from the paint shop - finally
From: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 12:32:42 -0700
Got Spitty back from the paint shop this morning.  It was several days late
but its done.  Looks pretty good overall.  About what I'd expected I
suppose.  The shop seemed to play with every button on the car.  The head
light switch was in the middle setting and even though there is no exterior
lights on the car the dash lights were on.  They said they had to jump start
the battery several times - Duh!  When I got the key it was dead again.  Got
a jump and drove it gingerly home.  Once I got home and on the driveway I
shut it off to open the gate.  When I came back the battery didn't have
enough umph to start it again.  Good thing it didn't stall on the way home!
The OD switch was in the ON mode so hopefully there is no reverse gear
problems.  Or is that not possible?  Anyway the red paints looks nice on the
car and suits it well.  When I saw the car Saturday the paint looked a bit
thin but today it  looks great.  Much improved and my many hours of body
work (which I despise doing) apparently did well for the car.  There were 16
holes in the boot lid where various luggage racks where mounted over the
years.  I mig welded those up and bondo'd etc and you can't even tell where
they were now.  I hate those racks!  I took a few photo's in its missing
trim state.  I'm going to give it a couple days to harden up before I
reassemble the trim back onto the car.  Lots of it.  Even door panels.  When
its assembled I'll post some photo's on my site.  For $475 it looks great.
Peter S
http://members.tripod.com/~petersiposs/cars-1.html