Re: car level

To: PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: car level
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 07:31:16 PDT
I don't know if this is it, but with the body off you've taken all of the
load off of the (rear) suspension.  I've noticed that when I put my car on
jack stands (uncompress the suspension) and bring it back down it would be
tilted.  Normally mine sits flat with no negative or positive camber on the
wheels. Bringing it up and down a few times it would sort itself  out.  My
point is, especially in the back, the body provides most of the load on the
suspension and judging it without the load is probably inaccurate.  So I
don't think you can judge your suspension without the body on it.

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spitfire