Re: Insurance

To: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:20:43 -0700

Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> Well, I am sure it changed about the same time the insurance companies
> were forced to charge the same rates for teenage boys as teenage girls
> (even though the boys had a statistically higher accident rate) but when
> I was younger there was a time when race drivers could not get innsurance
> to drive on the street at all. The last person in the world I would like
> to be sharing a country road with is a NASCAR driver.  They drive specially
> designed cars that only turn in one direction and only drive in circles and
> still can't keep them on the track!!!

Bill,
I would think that professional race car drivers (with the obvious
exceptions) are among the best drivers on the highways.  The reason is
because (1) they know how to handle the cars, (2) they know their
limitations (3) they must have good reflexes and (4) they have nothing
to prove on the highway, they get the need for speed fix on the track
where it belongs.

However, with that said, personalities play a large part in how people
act on the highway.  I bet even race car drivers occasionally experience
"road rage"!

Joe
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer