Trying again

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trying again
From: "John & Tracy Knox" <jknox@erie.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:21:29 -0400
Just wanted to say hello to the list and to comment on a couple of things.
First I have a luggage rack that looks to be as old as the car and is the
high type that is usually seen on TR-3's.  It looks like it might have come
from a TR-3.  Second I have a few questions about my newly aquired 1970
spit.  The first is that the hood is mangled, anyone out there have a front
end in reasonable shape or know a good source on the east coast?  I am in
Northwest Penna.  I talked to a company in California and they want $800 for
a front end.  I am willing to spend some money but jeesh that's more than I
paid for the rest of the car.  Doesn't have to be rust free.  Second what is
the top of the inner door supposed to look like?  mine have a black vilyl on
them, but I've seen them just metal in the body color?  Third, how do the
seats come out?  Mine are rusted in place or something and I can't get them
to move.  The seats are pretty much wiped out, but the floors are solid and
I don't want to bend them up ripping the seats out.  Any ideas?