70 Spit Questions

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 70 Spit Questions
From: KHOCO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 22:35:51 EDT
Listers
          The spit is registered and just about ready for inspection. But
when its running it puts out a horrible smell from the tail pipe which I
can't even describe, Its not antifreeze or oil or paint or anything i can
think of. My only thought is that it might be a result of sludge (five year
old gas) in the gas tank although it seems to start and run fairly good.
Anybody out there run across this problem?
           My other question is about the carb, Its tilted to the rear about
5 degrees or so. It looks stock. Iv'e just never seen a carb tilted like this
before. just doesn't seem right. As I stated above the car runs fine with the
carb like it is.
            As always TIA

Ken Copeland
70 GT6+ KC78784