2nd Carb Flooding out

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2nd Carb Flooding out
From: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 21:19:33 -0400
Listers....

I've just attached my "new" hs4s, fabricated linkages, and dual carb
manifold to my 72 spit, and have run into a problem....

I appear to be running on two cylinders (the front, and the carb which gets
fuel directly from the fuel pump).  The rear carb just puddles out gas.  I'm
afraid to get the car warmed up, as it would likely start a fire.

Any idea where I should start troubleshooting in the morning?  My guesses
are:

-The float needle(unlikely, since the flooding is in the carb, not the bowl
((unless the fuel is being forced past it))
-A horendously out of adjustment rear jet (both are backed out two full
turns
-The incorrect tops on my fuel bowls, or the lines hooked up to the
incorrect fittings.
-Some other malady I can't identify.

Thanks for any help!

Mike