Re: INITIAL Engine Repository Set up

To: "Tom Ambrose" <tambrose@tir.com>, "Zach Zaletel" <zzalet@po-box.mcgill.ca>,
Subject: Re: INITIAL Engine Repository Set up
From: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 21:17:43 -0400
I took my valve cover outlet and routed it directly to the charcoal
canister.  When I first did this, the canister provided too much back
pressure and caused oil to spill out of my dipstick tube.  Since the
canister was not doing anything anyway (the vent pipe from the gas tank was
completely blocked off), I gutted out the canister, leaving it just a
plastic box with a port out the bottom.  No more pressure build up and an
original look.

I installed good old fashioned vacuum caps on the carb ports.  Make sure
they are tight...I lost a spark plug wire and blew one off with the
resultant backfire...took me a while to figure out what was going on.  I'll
probably try to figure out something permanent over the winter.  Any
suggestions....anyone?

Mike