Tranny Repair Cost

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Tranny Repair Cost
From: "Kirk Crawford" <kirk.crawford@beachnet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:17:33 -0700
I have a 68 spit with 74 overdrive tranny in it.  The tranny needs to be
repaired.  It pops out of gear and grinds a little when going into 2,3,4.  I
got a ball park estimate of $600 assuming new seals, and syncros.  Not
including bearings or gears.  I have already removed the top, passenger seet,
tunnel and most carpet, so it is easy to get the tranny in and out.  This
should save on labor time.  The shop is Lomita Sports Car in So Cal.

Is this a good estimate?  Is there another shop nearby you recommend?  Please
respond soon, as I would like to get it in the shop in the next couple of days.

-Kirk

Kirk Crawford AIM:KirkBCraw ICQ:15072969
mailto:kirk.crawford@beachnet.com
http://www.beachnet.com/~crawford/